× Here you can ask for new features. Please ensure that the requested feature is not implemented already in the latest release.

Hier kommen Feature-Anfragen zu den Erweiterungen rein. Bitte sicherstellen, dass das gew├╝nschte Feature in der aktuellen Version nicht bereits implementiert ist.

To add ECC+ protection as an option to Login Form, too

6 years 3 months ago #7029 by GammX1
Just tested as follows but the Joomla! 2.5 language-override feature do not works!:

SCENARIO:
- I use a custom module with 4 custom image links to the com_user following forms: Login, registration, remind & reset
- Default Login module remain publised but only fro registered users (working as a 'Logout Module' instead of a 'Login Module'
- Customized the core file default_login.php template-override of the /templates/mytemplate/html/com_user/login/default-login.php just to hide the unneeded Links at the bottom of the login form
>> I wish to change some of your default words at the frontend using the Joomla! 2.5 language-override feature but doing it through the backend do not work correctly (surely because you do not include a (frontend) /languages/en-GB your file: en-GB.plg_system_easycalccheckplus.ini (it is present at /administrator/languages/en-GB/en-GB.plg_system_easycalccheckplus.ini)

CONCLUSION:
>> In other words, if your file: en-GB.plg_system_easycalccheckplus.ini is not present at /languages/en-GB/en-GB.plg_system_easycalccheckplus.ini language-override feature do not work. Then you will need to include it by default inside your install package (or much better you should need to sanitise the adminitrator/languages/en-GB/ one with the just need constants for backend area + create the equivalent one for the frontend with just the needed ones for the frontend.

Please, let me know your thoughts about,
Rgrds,
GammX1
6 years 3 months ago #7030 by Vitja
Plugins have no language files in the frontend in Joomla!. So you can not use the overrides for the frontend in a plugin!

You could try it with the overrides function in administrator/language/overrides. Use this tutorial to achieve your plans: www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/translati...-language-overrides/

Honestly, I wanted to hear whether the new function is working properly, not something about language overrides which have nothing to do with the new version!

Regards

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
6 years 3 months ago #7031 by GammX1
'Honestly, I wanted to hear whether the new function is working properly...'
>> seems function works correctly.

'You could try it with the overrides function in administrator/language/overrides'
>> Do not works (changes are not reflected at the frontend). Single way to achieve it inside Joomla! 2.5 is coping your:
/administrator/languages/en-GB/en-GB.plg_system_easycalccheckplus.ini
to /languages/en-GB/en-GB.plg_system_easycalccheckplus.ini then the language-overrride (frontend) works!

Use this tutorial to achieve your plans: www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/translati...-language-overrides/
>> I know what I'm doing (by the way, your mentioned/recommended tutoral is for Joomla! 1.7 not Joomla! 2.5 (please, note are different)
6 years 3 months ago #7032 by Vitja
Hi GammX1,

thank you for testing it.

Once again:

The language files of plugins are always located in administrator/language/... Check the core package!

The linked tutorial also works in Joomla! 2.5. The functionality is the same!

I have tested it for you:

You don't have to copy the whole language file to the frontend language folder. Just create the file en-GB.override.ini in language/overrides/ and edit the needed strings. For example

PLG_ECC_SPAMCHECK="Spam Check - Test for GammX1"

Then the output is:

Attachment ecc-language-override.PNG not found

Regards

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
Attachments:
6 years 3 months ago #7035 by GammX1
[SOLVED]

Hi, again
As I reported before, the way to do that is different through j2.5 than through j1.7... then the 'constant' or 'value' search function (available on j2.5 but not at j1.7) gives the searched 'variant' or 'value' as 'not found' if performed to the 'site' en-GB area. and is correctly found if performed at the 'administrator' en-GB area... The bad thing is if added the change to the 'administrator' en-GB do not take effect at the frontend (then there is no other way that to create the override file to the frontend manually instead than to do it through the new j2.5 backen feature)

>> You will see what I'm saying as soon as you will do your tests over a j2.5 version instead than over a j17 one...

- Is not needed you will send me a new answer to this last message (my target was always, and still is, to help and to explain you what happened with the BETA test over Joomla! 2.5.4)
- At my side, I'll be open to donate/ use your solution when an ECC+, j2.5 100% READY version, should become available.
Cheers & Good Luck!
GammX1
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #7036 by Vitja

GammX1 wrote: >> You will see what I'm saying as soon as you will do your tests over a j2.5 version instead than over a j17 one...

What are talking about? I don't use J1.7 since January and develop all my extensions in J2.5. All my extensions are 100% compatible with J2.5! I don't support all versions for J1.6 and J1.7 since J2.5 was released...

As I reported before, the way to do that is different through j2.5 than through j1.7... then the 'constant' or 'value' search function (available on j2.5 but not at j1.7) gives the searched 'variant' or 'value' as 'not found' if performed to the 'site' en-GB area. and is correctly found if performed at the 'administrator' en-GB area... The bad thing is if added the change to the 'administrator' en-GB do not take effect at the frontend (then there is no other way that to create the override file to the frontend manually instead than to do it through the new j2.5 backen feature)

One more (last) time:

This has nothing to do with ECC+. This is a normal behaviour in Joomla!. Plugins always load the language files from the administration folder, so you can not find the constants in the "Site" location in the language component.

You have to search the constants in the "Administrator" location, but change (or add) it in the "Site" location! Try it with the core plugins if you don't believe me... (see image below)

PS: It is the same functionality as in J1.7, in J2.5 you can enter the overrides strings in the language component (in Joomla! 1.7 over the ini-files). That's all!

See here:

Regards

Attachments:
6 years 2 months ago #7323 by brad
Would love to have this feature, please let us know as soon as you can - or maybe send a beta - Thank you... :)
6 years 2 months ago #7324 by Vitja
Hi Brad,

the developer has posted the version with this feature here: joomla-extensions.kubik-rubik.de/forum/1...-login-form-too#7027

You can download and use it! ;)

Regards
Vitja

6 years 2 months ago #7455 by Vitja
@GammX1

Did you see the new feature in the override view?

The tooltip says:

If this box is checked the override will be stored for both administrator (Backend) and site (Frontend). This is essential for creating language overrides for some plugins because their language files, while stored in backend, are also used in frontend (example: plg_content_vote). Please note that the two overrides will be completely independent from each other after storing them.

Finally you can use the override function also for plugins in a simple way... ;)

Regards

Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds