Name: Lazy Load for Joomla! - Version: 2.5-6 / 3.2.0 - Type: Plugin - License: GPLv3 - Demo
Description: With this plugin images are only loaded when a visitor scrolls to the images.
Developed by: Kubik-Rubik - Viktor Vogel
Overview of all downloads of the extension: LLFJ - Lazy Load for Joomla! Downloads
If you use LLFJ - Lazy Load for Joomla!, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
LLFJ loads images only when the are needed - Plugin for Joomla! 2.5 and 3.2
Plugin: LLFJ - Lazy Load for Joomla!
Function: Images are loaded only in the visible area - Advantage: save bandwidth and load the pages much faster
Languages: English / German
Joomla! versions: 2.5 / >=3.2
Script: Lazy Load by David Walsh (Mootools) / Lazy Load Plugin by Mika Tuupola (jQuery)
With this plugin images are only loaded when a visitor scrolls to the images. It saves your server bandwidth and saves your users from load images that they never scroll to. This increases the loading speed of all pages.
LLFJ uses the script "Lazy Load" by David Walsh. No extended Framework (such as jQuery) is required, because the script uses Mootools! All information to the script: Lazy Load
If there are problems in the output of some components, they can be excluded in the settings. LLFJ is not running in excluded components and the pages will load normally.
On 28 January 2012 the version 2.5-1 for Joomla! 2.5 was released.
In version 2.5-2 you can exclude certain images from being processed by the plugin.
In version 2.5-3 three user suggestions were implemented: eclusion of bots, toggle the selection and disable the script if the Joomla! editor is loaded.
- Images are loaded only in visible areas (viewport)
- Supported frameworks: jQuery / Mootools
- Loading effects: Fade in / Show
- Threshold feature - preloads images within specified range (in pixels)
- Saves bandwidth
- Increases the loading speed of all pages
- Nice fade-in effect
- No external frameworks (e.g. jQuery) is needed
- Exclude images
- Exclude components
- Exclude URLs
- Exclude Bots - search engines can index the images
- Exclude in Joomla! Editor - the plugin is not triggered if the editor is loaded
- Toggle selection - entered data are not excluded, but included
Install the plugin by accessing the administration menu of the back-end under Extensions. Then access Extensions - Plugins - System - Lazy Load and activate it!
The plugin only has to be activated, there are no further adjustments necessary. Easy and effective!
If there are problems loading the images, certain images, components or URLs can be excluded in the settings.
+ = Added - ! = Removed - ^ = Changed - # = Fixed
Version 3.2.0 - 2015-06-18
- + Effect (jQuery script only) - By default images are loaded with a nice fading effect. If you just want to show the images without this effect, then select the option 'Show'.
- ^ Image class recognition - The class does not have to be exact any more. So if you specify lazy as the image class value, then combinations like class="thumbnail lazy" will also be recognized.
Version 3.1.0 - 2015-06-16
- + Threshold in pixels (jQuery script only) - By default images are loaded when they appear on the screen. If you want images to load earlier use threshold parameter. Setting threshold to 200 causes image to load 200 pixels before it appears on viewport. (Description from the project website of the jQuery script.)
- ^ Semantic versioning - Switched to semantic versioning, see http://semver.org/ for more details. Please update manually since the core update server functionality will not recognize the new version!
- ^ Set option "Noscript Fallback" to true by default
Version 3-9 - 2015-02-15
- + Update Server - Added the Joomla! core functionality for the update checks
- ^ Updated Donation Code field - Uses the HTTP API for the requests and calls the check script via HTTPS
- ^ Links in the language files - Updated outdated links to the JED (Joomla! Extensions Directory)
- ! Removed Version Check field
Version 3-8 - 2014-11-19
- + New feature: Image class - Limit the processing to a particular image class. If you enter for example lazy in the appropriate field, then only images with class="lazy" will be considered in the loading process!
<img class="lazy" src="/image.jpg" alt="description" />
Version 3-7 - 2014-10-02
- # Fixed URL handling - Special treatment of image paths on website without base path and external image URLs - Thank you Scott R. for reporting it
Version 3-6 - 2014-09-30
- + Added new jQuery script - Added a new native Lazy Loading jQuery script to get rid of the Mootools Framework requirement. Script from http://www.appelsiini.net/projects/lazyload - Thanks to Mika Tuupola
- ^ Optimized file structure - Moved files (JS and Image) to the corresponding folders, not in root of the plugin
- # Fixed display for Joomla! >= 3.3.4 - Due to a change in the image processing, the plugin needs to add the base path to the images with a relative URL
Version 3-5 - 2014-07-10
Version 3-4 - 2014-07-04
- + New option: Exclude template views - With this option you can exclude certain template views, e.g. component. This is useful in some cases, like the print output which uses the view tmpl=component to only show the content of the component.
Version 3-3 - 2013-12-27
- + Added a version requirements check - Since many users do not read the documentation and the changelog, I have implemented a requirements checker with warning message output to avoid errors on unsupported Joomla! versions.
Version 3-2 - 2013-12-24
- ^ Updated custom fields
- ^ Minor code optimizations
- Important: You need at least Joomla! 3.2 to use this version!
Version 3-1 - 14-Jan-2013
+ First release for Joomla! 3.x
^ Optimized Donation Code System
Version 2.5-6 - 2013-12-24
- ^ Updated custom fields
- ^ Minor code optimizations
Version 2.5-5 - 24-Sep-2012
+ Implemented Versioncheck - Stay uptodate with the great new feature! The latest version can be checked once per session or on every load of the settings page.
^ Optimized Donation Code System - The entered donation code is checked only once per session.
Version 2.5-4 - 05-Jun-2012
Version 2.5-3 - 02-May-2012
+ Exclude bots - search engines can index the images
+ Exclude the plugin in Joomla! Editor - the plugin is not triggered if the editor is loaded
+ Toggle selection - entered data are not excluded, but included
Version 2.5-2 - 29-Apr-2012
+ Exclude images
Version 2.5-1 - 28-Jan-2012
+ First release for Joomla! 2.5
+ Exclude URLs
Version 1.7-2 - 07.11.2011
+ Komponenten ausschließen - bei Problemen in der Darstellung der Bilder können bestimmte Komponenten ausgeschlossenen werden
Version 1.7-1 - 21.08.2011
+ Bilder erst laden, wenn sie benötigt werden
+ Bandbreite sparen
+ Ladegeschwindigkeit erhöhen
+ Fade-In Effekt beim Nachladen
+ Einbindung des Skripts "Lazy Load" von David Walsh