Name: Fewest Read Content - Version: 2.5-5 / 3-2 - Type: Module - License: GPLv3
Description: Displays the fewest or most-read articles in Joomla! with many features
Developed by: Kubik-Rubik - Viktor Vogel
Overview of all downloads of the extension: FRC - Fewest Read Content Downloads
If you use FRC - Fewest Read Content, please post a rating and a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.
Lists articles with the fewest or most hits in a module!
Module: Fewest Read Content - FRC
Function: Lists the fewest or most-read articles depending on selected parameters
Languages: English and German
Joomla! versions: 2.5 / 3.x
This module is based on the original module "Most Read Content". The original module was extended by 2 parameters. Show articles with a minimum number of visits and / or after a certain time.
I have published the version for Joomla! 2.5 on 08 April 2012, after I have received many requests for a Joomla! 2.5 version. This version is based as well as the Joomla! 1.5 version on the core module "Popular Content" and has been extended with the required functions. You can also specify the minimum number of days and hits that an article must have in order to be listed at all. Additionally, the number of hits can be displayed in the front end.
Version 2.5-2 has been greatly enhanced and provides several new features: set the sorting of articles (the module can now be used as an extended "Popular Content" module), set time interval of the creation date, display the creation date in various formats and cut the title length to a certain number of characters.
- List articles with the fewest or most hits
- Additional parameter: minimum number of hits
- Additional parameters: minimum and maximum age of the article in days
- Set number of displayed articles
- Select category or a set of categories
- Set sorting of articles (ascending or descending) - you can use this module as a extended "Popular Content" module
- Show number of hits in the front end
- Show creation date
- Date format individually
- Shorten title to any number of characters
- Languages: English and German
Install the module int the backend and adjust it in Extensions - Module - FRC - Fewest Read Content.
Update: You can install a newer version directly over the old installation. You will not lose any data.
Usage of the module
Adjust the settings of the module and publish it on a module position. You should set the number of days and hits which the articles should have to be listed in the front end.
The "powered by" link can be disabled in the advanced settings. When you disable the link, then please donate for my work so that I can offer my free extension in the future!
+ = Added - ! = Removed - ^ = Changed - # = Fixed
Version 3-2 - 2015-02-09
- + Update Server - Added the Joomla! core functionality for the update checks
- ^ Updated Donation Code field - Uses the HTTP API for the requests and calls the check script via HTTPS
- ^ Links in the language files - Updated outdated links to the JED (Joomla! Extensions Directory)
- ! Removed Version Check field
Version 3-1 - 2014-07-15
First public release for Joomla! 3.x
Version 2.5-5 - 2014-01-25
^ Updated custom fields
^ Updated language files
^ Code optimization
Version 2.5-4 - 14-Sep-2012
+ Implemented Versioncheck - Stay uptodate with the great new feature! The latest version can be checked once per session or on every load of the settings page.
^ Optimized Donation Code System - The entered donation code is checked only once per session.
Version 2.5-3 - 07-Jun-2012
Version 2.5-2- 22-Apr-2012
+ Sorting of articles - ascending or descending
+ Set maximum age of articles in days
+ Show creation date - different formats
+ Set maximum title length
+ First release for Joomla! 2.5
+ Show number of hits
- Erstellungsdatum anzeigen lassen
- Format des Datums individuell
- Titel kürzen auf beliebige Anzahl Zeichen
- Einblendung der Zugriffe im Modul (optional)
- Artikel anzeigen mit wenigsten Zugriffen
- Artikel erst ab einer eingestellten Anzahl Hits anzeigen
- Artikel erst ab einem eingestellten Alter (in Tagen) anzeigen
- Anzahl angezeigter Artikel
- Eingrenzung auf bestimmte Kategorien und Bereiche