VCNT counts only 1 visitor per day

3 years 2 months ago #9705 by oldfield
On our website www.sv-06-lehrte.de running on Joomla! 3.3.6 the visitor counter VCNT counts only 1 visitor per day - maybe only the user which is logged in.

The VCNT is located on bottom of our pages - we activated the counter for all pages.

The version check for VCNT is also not working - the info file can not be located.

Are there any problems with authorizations under joomla 3.6.6 and VCNT ?

We used VCNT for years unter joomla 1.5 and it worked fine.

But now we do not know how to fix the problem - can you help us ?

Regards
oldfield

3 years 2 months ago #9708 by Vitja
Hey oldfield,

thank you for activating a support subscription.

What is the access level of the module? It has to be "Public" in order to be able to count guests!

Regards

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
3 years 2 months ago #9717 by oldfield
Hi,

the access level group was public - so that should not be the reason, right ?

I updated the VCNT counter to the actual version 3.3

I also set the module permission "Edit state" to "allowed" - before is was "not allowed" - could that solve the problem or is it not safe to set this permission ?

Regards
3 years 2 months ago #9729 by Vitja
Hi oldfield,

no, it has nothing to do with the permission settings.

You have to publish the module with the access level group "Public" and on a valid module position. If it still doesn't work, then I could setup the module for you (send me credentials via email only!).

Regards

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
3 years 2 months ago #9730 by oldfield
It is still not working, I just reduced the reload block to 5 minutes instead of 1440 minutes to have any counts.

I will send you the credentials to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with subject "VCNT counts only 1 visitor per day".

Regards
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds