Uninstall went wrong

3 months 3 weeks ago #15415 by hajo70
Uninstall went wrong was created by hajo70
Hi there,
I had the same error as mentioned in kubik-rubik.de/forum/sige-simple-image-g...ved-please-try-again and wanted to apply your solution. 

I'm running Joomla 5.0.1. As far as I remember (...) I removed all none-joomla plugins before upgrading from J4 except SIGE since v4.4 was compatible with J5 and forgot to remove the Button and its v4.1.1

When I now went into the plugin folder I saw I had:
  • Button - SIGE Editor Pro, v4.1.1.0-PRO dated 23-07-07
  • Content - Simple Gallery Extended Pro - SIGE, v4.4.0.0-PRO dated 23-10-18
  • Simple Image Gallery Extended Pro - SIGE, v4.4.0.0-PRO dated 23-10-18

That was odd, why not the v5?! I assumed I should have done a manual install of the latest v5?! Nevertheless, I marked all three and hit Uninstall. All plugins except "Simple Image Gallery Extended Pro - SIGE" got uninstalled and that with the following messages:

Danger
- Simple Image Gallery Extended Pro - Installation failed!
- Requirements are not met for the execution! The installation process was stopped to avoid errors.
- The Joomla! version is not supported. The version must be lower than Joomla! version 5.0.0! Please use a compatible Joomla! version to be able to use this extension.
Warning
- Extension Uninstall: Custom install routine failure.
Info
- Error uninstalling component.

Unfortunately I forgot to make a backup before doing the failed uninstall so I installed the new version on top of this. Seems to work but I'm not sure I'm happy with this "dirty" installation. Can I in some way uninstall v5 and ensure that all traces of SIGE are completely gone and then do a new, not dirty, install?
The topic has been locked.
3 months 3 weeks ago #15416 by Viktor
Replied by Viktor on topic Uninstall went wrong
Please log in to see the response. Attention: You need a valid subscription to activate an account.

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions
3 months 3 weeks ago #15417 by Viktor
Please log in to see the response. Attention: You need a valid subscription to activate an account.

3 months 3 weeks ago #15418 by hajo70
Replied by hajo70 on topic Uninstall went wrong
3 months 3 weeks ago #15419 by Viktor

3 months 3 weeks ago #15420 by hajo70
Replied by hajo70 on topic Uninstall went wrong
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds