Parameters override

12 years 1 month ago #5880 by mikatrash
Parameters override was created by mikatrash
Hi !

I have a consequent photo galery and still have performance issues on load (especialy on mobile devices) due to a large count of images on a category list page (cf : hemsiprod.fr/les-photos/)
To avoid it, I'd like to limit the thumbs display on that page.

So I started by a duplication of my article source using the "Read more" feature. There's a limit @ 4 thumbnails on the list page, an no limit on the article page.
The article introduction is set to hidden, so, I've got what I want (cf the first show : hemsiprod.fr/les-photos/photos-2011)

But this technique is time consuming because I have to edit every article and apply that, and I'll have to do it again if I have to change it later for a 3 image row.
I'm trying to find a better way to achieve my goal without having to copy/paste parameter in all my articles, so I have some feature ideas :

* A way to set a galery parameter in an article (the scope would be the article OR the article introduction)
{galleryparam}limit=0,random=1,size=90{/galleryparam}

* In the SIGE admin, 2 fields to set (override) parameters globaly
Article introduction galery parameters override : ""
Article galery parameters override : ""

Do you think it's hard to implement ? Usefull for other people ?

Thanks.

MiK
The topic has been locked.
12 years 1 month ago #5885 by Viktor
Replied by Viktor on topic Aw: Parameters override
Please log in to see the response. Attention: You need a valid subscription to activate an account.

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions
12 years 1 month ago #5890 by mikatrash
Replied by mikatrash on topic Re: Aw: Parameters override
Please log in to see the response. Attention: You need a valid subscription to activate an account.
12 years 1 month ago #5898 by Viktor
Replied by Viktor on topic Aw: Re: Aw: Parameters override

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikatrash
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds