Expanding the minimum limit of the url list

5 years 2 months ago #8694 by webverksted
Hi,

I have a list of 500+ urls,
when i enter it in the plugin field named: Set redirection (Format: ALIAS|URL)
then it won't save it - returns blank.

But when entering only 380 lines in the list, then all is ok.

Is there a way to up that limit?

Thanks,
Erik

5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #8696 by Vitja
Hi Erik,

first of all, thank you for activating a support subscription!

OYL does not have any limitations, but the parameters field may be the problem. It has the type "text" which means that you can save up to 65535 chars (L + 2 bytes, where L < 216 (64 Kilobytes) - more here: dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/storage-requirements.html ).

You could try to change the type from "text" to "mediumtext" to expand the length to 16,777,215 chars.

Open the database with phpMyAdmin, select the x_extensions table and edit the field "params". See screenshot:

I have not tested it, it is only a guess what the problem could be.

Have success!

Regards

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
Attachments:
5 years 2 months ago #8697 by webverksted
It worked!

Side question: the _extensions tab is used by other extensions and/or the core of Joomla as well?
Need to make sure if this minor edit won't affect some other features, in other places.

Thanks in advance :)

Erik
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #8698 by Vitja
Hello Erik

no, it won't affect anything, except that you can save also more than 65535 chars in other extensions! ;-)

If you use the extension and like the support, please write a review in the JED: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/structu...ion/site-links/18954

Thank you!

Regards

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds