2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #10335 by folamour
hum..... vitkor, since i have installed non sef to sef i have loose
something link 400.000 point in harefs rank jumpin from position ±
700.000 to more than 1,233,378

i'll think its because backlink juice is not followed on a 301 redirection

moz.com/community/q/how-much-juice-do-yo...se-in-a-301-redirect

and they continue to grow day after day, i'll think that you wish to
know that before coding your compoment,

so non sef to sef is just killing my ranking !

how to remove all of that 301 redirection, and clean that mess ? And how many time does this will took to get back to normal ????

THANKS

2 years 1 month ago #10337 by Vitja
Hi Guillaume,

NSTS does not use the 301 status code, it uses the default value of the Joomla! core redirect function (303).

If you want to disable the redirect, then just deactivate the plugin! But it makes no sense to offer the same content over 2 different types of URLs (SEF and Non-SEF).

Greetings

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
2 years 1 month ago #10338 by Vitja
By the way, the status code 301 is the correct code to use in this case, I will update the plugin soon with this change.

See what Google says ( support.google.com/webmasters/answer/936...en&ref_topic=6001951 ):

301 redirects are particularly useful in the following circumstances:

You've moved your site to a new domain, and you want to make the transition as seamless as possible.

People access your site through several different URLs. If, for example, your home page can be reached in multiple ways - for instance, example.com/home , home.example.com , or www.example.com - it's a good idea to pick one of those URLs as your preferred (canonical) destination, and use 301 redirects to send traffic from the other URLs to your preferred URL. You can also use Search Console to set your preferred domain.

You're merging two websites and want to make sure that links to outdated URLs are redirected to the correct pages.

We also do a 301 redirect if you use the "Force HTTPS" functionality (see my Pull Request here: github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/6646 )

Thanks!

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
2 years 1 month ago #10339 by folamour
hi viktor, YES i'm in SSL so what can explain this loose of rankign you assure me that rediect 301 don't loose "backlink juice" ????

i'm lost, got two different point of view on the web
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #10340 by folamour
ok got the answer from a webinar of Olivier duffez from ranking metrics seo agency

if a page A link to a page B then A send 'backlink juice" to B, then if page B redirect 301 to a page C the "backlink juice" is depreciated on page C

this can explain my loose of ranking,

can you told me how to remove all this 301 (i'm in https) and get back to normal

then how many time this will took to get back to normal, (never got any anwser how time a 301 is alive)

assume 301 is redirect one fore all, but i'll hope not

folamour,
2 years 1 month ago #10342 by Vitja
Salut Guillaume,

the status code 301 for redirection from HTTP to HTTPS is correct. You should not use the (obsolete) 303 anymore.

I don't really understand, what you want to achieve? If you don't want to have any redirection, then you should also disable the Redirect plugin and allow both variations (HTTP and HTTPS) but this is really a bad idea. You should only use HTTPS and redirect request to HTTP what you apparently are already doing right now.

It's normal that you lose a lot of pages after the switch to HTTPS but you will get the new pages very fast back into the index.

Greetings

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #10344 by folamour
hi viktor, nice french intro ; ))))

i explain you i want just to delete the 301 redirect of non sef to sef, fyi since 2 days that i have disabled the module my ranking get back to grow,

so i would like only to delete the 301 from non sef to sef, and know how many time this will took for google to cancel this 301 (its very important for me)

check ahrefs : with site explorer on www.Crashdebug.fr

and check ahrefs ranking you will saw how the module nasty impacted my site :ohmy:

ahrefs.com/dashboard/metrics

have a sweet sweet week end ;)

kind regards

guillaume,
2 years 1 month ago #10345 by Vitja
:-)

As I said, the plugin does not use the status code 301 (yet), so I don't know why and how your mentioned tool determines it.

Have a nice weekend!

Time to create page: 0.287 seconds