Pages with many images still takes ages to load

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #10285 by betterlead
Hi,
I have installed the plugin on my develop site where I have trouble with long loading time on some pages containing many images. It looks like the plugin works, but the loading time is perhaps even longer with plugin activated. Am I doing something wrong?

livingstudio.se/Aliv/varumaerke/manufacturer/secrid-wallets

Live site is without /Aliv/
(Example of one of the slowest loading pages on the site.)
(I have tired with pagination, but yootheme templates seems not to work with pagination.)

It's a real pain, since long loading times are conversion killers.

Cheers
/Dodo (Betterlead)

Joomla 3.5.0 & Virtuemart 3.0.14.1

1 year 8 months ago #10293 by Vitja
Hey Dodo,

I just did a small analyse of your website. The images are not your problem at all on the mentioned page. Open the console in your browser and click on the tab "Network". Reload the page (empty browser cache first), you will see something like this:

This is even not the complete list! You have 55(!) request just for the main HTML and all JS & CSS files. The lazy loading scripts works properly on this page but it won't help you if the browser has to make 55 requests first to load the page.

Try to combine the files (e.g. JCH Optimize) and use GZIP for the transport. Additionally your server answers really slow, you should think about a better contract or directly a strong cloud server.

Have success!

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
Attachments:
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #10296 by betterlead
Hi Viktor. Thanks a lot for help. Yes, I see the lazy load works. I will install it on the live site right away, because it helps loading the page on my develop site faster. At least faster in the 'lazy load way'. (Sorry for my weak knowledge about these things.)
And yes, I have noticed that my server isn't working as it should. The thing is, it's a VPS, also so called managed server and I pay more than €100 every month for this. Not really satisfied... :(

Ah! I could solve it with pagination, but there is something wrong with the template. Yootheme, SixthAvenue. Pagination isn't displayed...

Cheers
/D

1 year 8 months ago #10297 by betterlead
Hi Again Viktor. One more question.
'With the Lazy Load' activated, my Product Details Pages are not working properly. What I mean is, when clicking on the thumbs (below the main image) displaying the images isn't working as desired. Also the zoom function is gone. Neither the pop-up frame doesn't display any images. Is it possible to exclude all Product details pages from the plugin?

Example page: livingstudio.se/Aliv/shoppa-via-kategori...ognac-black-detaljer

Thanks
/Dodo

1 year 8 months ago #10302 by Vitja
Hey Dodo,

yes, you can exclude specific image names or URLs.

The easiest way is to add a prefix (e.g. virtuemart_ or product_) to your images and then enter this prefix in the option "Exclude images".

Do you understand what I mean? :-)

Greetings

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
The following user(s) said Thank You: betterlead
1 year 8 months ago #10315 by betterlead
Hi Viktor

Yes Got it. Will have to find bulk way to do it. but, won't it be bad for the pics Google ranking - well SEO, if the images have non relevant words? Am I too afraid of that, perhaps? Also I need to remember not to rename thumb images (resized) for category page views. Of course.

Many thanks.

1 year 8 months ago #10317 by Vitja
You are welcome!

Of course you could also exclude specific pages (URLs) if you don't want to touch the images.

Cheers

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds