Translating your Extensions into Italiano

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #10283 by valle90
Hello Viktor again,

as a little thank you and appreciation of giving away your extensions for free I would be glad to support you by offering an italian version (for now a least some) of your extensions. I started with translating the Visitorcounter and the Guestbook. Can I send you the italian language files (as a pull request) on GitHub or should I provide them in another way?

I tried to translate the VCNT but yet struggeld with implementing the new packed file correctly. Isn't it enough to place the (translated) it_IT language files in the language folder and reference them in the mod_visitorcounter.xml like so?:

<languages>
<language tag="en-GB">language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_visitorcounter.sys.ini</language>
<language tag="en-GB">language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_visitorcounter.ini</language>
<language tag="de-DE">language/de-DE/de-DE.mod_visitorcounter.sys.ini</language>
<language tag="de-DE">language/de-DE/de-DE.mod_visitorcounter.ini</language>
<language tag="it-IT">language/it-IT/it-IT.mod_visitorcounter.sys.ini</language>
<language tag="it-IT">language/it-IT/it-IT.mod_visitorcounter.ini</language>
</languages>

Unziped, repacked the files and installed as usual.
But in Joomla there appeared language was the english insteat of the italian version (only at least the description was in italian).

Regards and have a nice Sunday

Valentin
The topic has been locked.
7 years 10 months ago #10291 by Viktor
Replied by Viktor on topic Translating your Extensions into Italiano
Please log in to see the response. Attention: You need a valid subscription to activate an account.

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions
The following user(s) said Thank You: valle90
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds