× Here you can enter general requests (no support questions!). If you have questions regarding the subscription system, then please use the contact form! Feedback and suggestions are welcome!

Hier kommen allgemeine Anfragen rein (keine Supportanfragen!). Wenn Sie Fragen zum Subscription System haben, dann benutzen Sie bitte das Kontaktformular. Feedback und Vorschläge sind erwünscht!

Translating your Extensions into Italiano

2 years 10 hours ago - 2 years 10 hours ago #10283 by valle90
Hello Viktor again,

as a little thank you and appreciation of giving away your extensions for free I would be glad to support you by offering an italian version (for now a least some) of your extensions. I started with translating the Visitorcounter and the Guestbook. Can I send you the italian language files (as a pull request) on GitHub or should I provide them in another way?

I tried to translate the VCNT but yet struggeld with implementing the new packed file correctly. Isn't it enough to place the (translated) it_IT language files in the language folder and reference them in the mod_visitorcounter.xml like so?:

<languages>
<language tag="en-GB">language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_visitorcounter.sys.ini</language>
<language tag="en-GB">language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_visitorcounter.ini</language>
<language tag="de-DE">language/de-DE/de-DE.mod_visitorcounter.sys.ini</language>
<language tag="de-DE">language/de-DE/de-DE.mod_visitorcounter.ini</language>
<language tag="it-IT">language/it-IT/it-IT.mod_visitorcounter.sys.ini</language>
<language tag="it-IT">language/it-IT/it-IT.mod_visitorcounter.ini</language>
</languages>

Unziped, repacked the files and installed as usual.
But in Joomla there appeared language was the english insteat of the italian version (only at least the description was in italian).

Regards and have a nice Sunday

Valentin

1 year 11 months ago #10291 by Vitja
Hi Valentin,

thank you very much for the offer!

At first glance, your implementation looks right. Hmm, maybe you have a syntax error in your file?

But wait, I have to rework the whole multilingual support for my extensions anyway. I have the files still at OpenTranslators but the way how they are offered there they are not really usable for the users. In 1-2 months I will have more time for optimising it! :-)

Greetings

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
The following user(s) said Thank You: valle90
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds