Articles with EKS very slow to load

3 years 2 weeks ago - 3 years 2 weeks ago #9901 by tsbvi771
Replied by tsbvi771 on topic Articles with EKS very slow to load
Odd indeed... I have reverted to the original and started using 'catid' for those that I can. This is much faster... but there are LOTS of categories for some things, as you can imagine, and adding them all will again render the search very dense.

I've attached the articles.php file
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

for your review. Please let me know if I misinterpreted the instructions for modifying that articles.php file.

Have a great day!

Sample from one of my pages:
<p>The Expanded Core Curriculum (ECC) is the body of knowledge and skills that are needed by students with visual impairments due to their unique disability-specific needs. Students with visual impairments need the expanded core curriculum in addition to the core academic curriculum of general education. The ECC should be used as a framework for assessing students, planning individual goals and providing instruction.</p>
<hr id="system-readmore" />
{eks}catid=203,105|keyword=ecc,assistive technology,compensatory skills,career education,recreation,recreation and leisure,o&amp;m,sensory efficiency,self determination,braille,independent living,low vision|tags|alpha{/eks}

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

3 years 2 weeks ago #9902 by Vitja
Replied by Vitja on topic Articles with EKS very slow to load
Yes, as I said, if we can optimize the SQL query, then we can speed up the execution time significantly! B)

You did it right... except of a small, but crucial typo:

com_content.article not com_content_article!

Please test it again with the correct code.

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
3 years 2 weeks ago #9903 by tsbvi771
Replied by tsbvi771 on topic Articles with EKS very slow to load
Oh, how I love you today! :woohoo:

I can't believe I made such a noob typo!!! :blink: THANK YOU!!!

I removed the categories from my largest query and it was MUCH, MUCH faster. Certainly within acceptable load time - even for this massive site.

You are truly amazing. I will be out for meetings for the remainder of the day but will rave about you on Joomla Extensions tomorrow morning, first thing, as well as anywhere else that I can. Tweet forthcoming!

The only option - certainly only an option and not dynamic, so... would be to add in the config text an option for 'title=xxx' so that users may define the title of the query result section rather than have it duplicate the page title. But, again, I very much appreciate your time and code skills! I tested the pages with JAWS (screen reader) and it reads beautifully.

Have a wonderful day - and thank you, thank you, thank you!
3 years 2 weeks ago - 3 years 2 weeks ago #9904 by Vitja
Replied by Vitja on topic Articles with EKS very slow to load
This is great! :woohoo:

You are welcome, thank you for your feedback, I'm looking forward to see your review and maybe a mention at Twitter (@viktorvogel)! B)

Regarding your feature request: I do not understand exactly what you mean... Could you please explain it in more detail? :blush:

I also wish you a wonderful day!

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds