Bulk edit URLs for site migration to HTTPS

3 weeks 6 days ago #10758 by Joomlatic52
Hello,

I am migrating my site from HTTP to HTTPS. In order to keep my EFSEO entries functioning after I force redirect to HTTPS, I need to add an "s" to all entries. For example, http://www.itcareerfinder.com/it-careers.html will become https://www.itcareerfinder.com/it-careers.html. Etc.

Because I have 300+ entries, I need a way to perform this edit in bulk. What method do you recommend?

Another reason I need a bulk edit to do this replacement is so I can easily reverse it (back and forth as needed) if I experience other issues during the HTTPS migration.

Please advise.

Thanks!
Daniel

3 weeks 5 days ago #10759 by Vitja
Hi Daniel,

I've created a new version with the batch function "Change Scheme".

You can download the Dev version here: joomla-extensions.kubik-rubik.de/downloa...end-seo-joomla-3-dev (you have to be logged in to be able to download the archive)

Install the package, go to the component, select (all) entries and click on the "Batch" button.

In the modal window, set the wished scheme, check the checkbox "Activated" and click on the "Process" button.

That's all!

Cheers

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
2 weeks 6 days ago #10762 by Joomlatic52
Sorry, I just noticed your very prompt reply! (I've updated my email address to make sure I don't miss future replies)

The new batch function you added does replace schemes in bulk, which is fantastic and will save me (and hopefully others too) a lot of time! :)

However, in my tests, the batch process broke the "open in new window" image links in EFSEO backend -- looks like it combined the http and https URLs so the link became " www.mysite.com/https://www.mysite.com/pagename.html " instead of just updating to new link.
*Screenshot of error attached -- see bottom left corner for preview of broken destination URL.

This doesn't seem to be a major error. It still processed scheme changes which is most important thing here, in my opinion. Just thought you'd want to know it breaks a piece of the component's functionality. Please let me know if you make another version with this bugfix.

Thank you!
Daniel
Attachments:
2 weeks 4 days ago #10763 by Vitja
Hey Daniel,

thank you for your feedback.

I've updated the development version with a fix for the reported bug. Get it from the same page that I've linked in my previous posting.

Have success!

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
2 weeks 4 days ago #10765 by Joomlatic52
Works great.. Thanks again!
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds