Plugin Loading twice

1 year 11 months ago #10010 by sohopros
Dear Sir,

We are using EasyCalcCheck Plus to load captcha on forms included in Virtuemart.
When opening the virtuemart billing form the EasyCalcCheck plugin displays the message "Please fill out this field". Even when the field is filled with the correct value (See image below).

Digging into the issue, we found out that the EasyCalcCheck field is being loaded twice on top of each other). Then when submitting the form only the field on top is filled and the message appears.

//Questions
1 - Do you have any input on why is it happening?
2 - How can we fix this issue?

//System Info
Joomla Version: 3.4.5
Virtuemart Version: 3.0.12
EasyCalcCheck Plus Version: 3.1.0

Appreciated,
SOHO Prospecting Team

1 year 11 months ago #10011 by sohopros
Any updates for this post?
1 year 11 months ago #10012 by Vitja
Hello SOHO Team,

thank you for activating a support subscription. Please do no push threads within 48 hours (2 business days). See forum rules for mor information.

Okay, then the recognition patterns have to be optimized for your template. I need to analyze the page in my browser console. Can you please post the direct link where the problem occurs? You can hide links with the "Hide text from guests" button if you don't want to post your link publicly!

Once I see the output, I can provide you a modified version especially for your template.

Regards

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
The following user(s) said Thank You: sohopros
1 year 11 months ago #10013 by sohopros
Thank you, Vitja! Here is the link to the form we are dealing with in our dev environement ->
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
1 year 11 months ago #10014 by Vitja
Hey SOHO team!

Just checked your output, this is really strange. The action buttons (register / checkout) are loaded twice in your template. I think that you have a bug in the template override that you've created. Please check the template and get sure that the action buttons are loaded only once in the end of the form and not a second time right in the beginning.

If you don't know how to do it, I could take a look on it!

Regards

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
1 year 11 months ago #10015 by sohopros
Dear Vitja,

Looking at the virtuemart template files I found out that the template that is loaded on the registration for actually calls the method renderControlButtons() twice. This method is responsible for generating the register/checkout buttons area. So I created a template override for the virtuemart template file and commented the first instance of the method call and the forms appears to be working properly.

Do you agree that this is the correct method to solve this issue?

Thank you,
SOHO Prospecting Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vitja
1 year 11 months ago #10016 by Vitja
This is the perfect solution to solve this issue. Well done!

If you have time, you could report this bug to the Virtuemart team.

Have success with your project!

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds