Site is off line so many bots, exceeded account executions

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #9913 by wrangler

Hello,
My site:
lonepinefilmhistorymuseum.org/
I have added your component to my website trying to prevent bots from crawling the site at a very high rate.
I have enabled the plug-in and registered and added the keys to the reccomended anti-spam services included with your plugin. (Re-captcha, Mollum(?), project honey pot etc.)
All features of your plugin have been activated.

Still, my site is overrun with spam. I can see it in the raw logs, that I attached.

Activity like this:
141.8.143.150 - - [09/Aug/2015:07:22:06 -0500] "GET /index.php/events/celebrity-star-2/15-imagerotator/250-anchor-ranch-walking-tour-1 HTTP/1.0" 200 59190 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; YandexBot/3.0; +http://yandex.com/bots)"

and

151.80.31.139 - - [09/Aug/2015:07:20:23 -0500] "GET /index.php/visitors-center-1/visitors-center-5/15-imagerotator/472-rawhide-movie-tour HTTP/1.0" 200 58119 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; AhrefsBot/5.0; +http://ahrefs.com/robot/)"

My webhost is SiteGround, which I've never had isssue with before. They have been no help to me. I tried using teh ip deny manager tool but there is way to many. They recommended some code that I added to the .htaccess file but it is not preventing any bots. The htaccess file is also attached.

Please advise. I'm using most up to date joomla, K2 extension, Mijoshop, Rockettheme template and display modules.
My site is now off line because I exceeded account executions.

Thanks for assistance.

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

The topic has been locked.
8 years 7 months ago #9914 by Viktor
Please log in to see the response. Attention: You need a valid subscription to activate an account.

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions
8 years 7 months ago #9915 by wrangler
Please log in to see the response. Attention: You need a valid subscription to activate an account.
8 years 7 months ago #9916 by Viktor

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds