Filter entries at display AND while adding new entry

1 year 1 month ago #10615 by Ostrea
Hello,

I'm renting out multiple accommodations for tourists. On my website I display all guestbook entries from Easybook Reloaded. That I want to keep in any case.

On top of that, I would also like to display content of Easybook Reloaded with each accommodation individually. However, I only want to show the entries in Easybook Reloaded that apply to this specific accommodations. I do not want to create one database per accoommodation, because this means I cannot show ALL entries from ALL accommodations as mentioned at the top of this topic.

Can I filter the entries before displaying and while adding new entries?

Or is there a way to quickly merge all Easybook Reloaded databases?

Tagging each entry could be an option or using Categories.

Any way to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Han

1 year 1 month ago #10616 by Vitja
Hello Han,

thank you for activating a support subscription!

I'm not quite sure whether I understand the problem properly but I will try to summarize:

• We are talking about only one website with one EBR instance
  • You need one guestbook to show all entries (combined from all accommodations)
  • For each accommodations there is a separated guestbook (so, as many guestbooks as accommondations)
  • Users can write into the global (with all entries) but also into the individual guestbooks

Correct?

What exactly do you mean with "create one database"? You can have as many guestbooks as you need, the mapping is done in the EBR tables, so no extra tables or even databases are needed! Actually, the feature that you are looking for is already integrated with the possibility to add any number of guestbooks.

The only thing that is missing is the possibility to merge all entries of the separated guestbooks into one single view. Is this what you need?

Cheers

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
1 year 1 month ago #10617 by Ostrea
Thanks for the quick answer.

Two possible solutions:

1 merge all entries of the separated guestbooks into the one global guestbook.
2 do not use multiple guestbooks, but only one (so only one EBR database for complete website).

Solution 2 explanation:
When entry is made via one specific accommodation, than also add a specific tag, specific category or specific name that is unique for that specific accommodation.
When displaying ALL entries for that one specific accommodation, than filter the guestbook for that unique tag/category/name.
When displaying ALL entries in EBR for ALL accommodations under global menu, than do not use filter.

I hope I explained myself clear enough.

Thanks for your patience.

Kind regards,
Han
1 year 1 month ago #10618 by Vitja
Hi Han,

we are talking about one single website (one Joomla! instance), or?

As I said, this is what already included with the possibility to create separate guestbooks. So, in you case the unique tag/category is a single guestbook (= unique ID).

What you simply need is an option/filter to show all entries, independent of the guestbook IDs. Right?

Greetings

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
1 year 1 month ago #10619 by Ostrea
Yes, we are talking about only one Joomla! instance.
If it would be possible to show (in one particular spot on my website) ALL entries of ALL individual guestbooks, than my problem is solved!
Could it be that EBR is using only one database, but uses a unique guestbook ID for each guestbook in one Joomla! instance/database? If so, than indeed the solution looks simple.....show ALL entries without filtering on a specific guestbook ID........!

Thanks.
Kind regards,
Han
1 year 1 month ago #10620 by Vitja
Yes, this is exactly the case! :-)

Okay, give me please some time to think about a good solution for it. I will come back to you pretty soon!

Cheers

1 year 1 month ago #10621 by Ostrea
Fantastic!

Instead of using a specific guestbook ID, maybe a wildcard (*) could be used on the ID field?

CU,
Han
1 year 1 month ago #10622 by Vitja
Yes, something like this was also my first idea. :-)

Cheers

1 year 1 month ago #10623 by Vitja
Hi Han,

just encountered an issue:

New entries are not possible in the global guestbook view because there is no reference guestbook ID. So, the new view option will be only for showing all entries.

What do you think?

Cheers

1 year 1 month ago #10624 by Ostrea
Hi Vitja,

Perfect!

Thanks,
Han
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds