EBR - show an entry in multiple language

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #10172 by valle90
Hello Viktor,

I want to display an entry (in my case the first entry, where I give the visitors a welcome and an encouragement to leave a comment) in different language. Therefore again I want to use the Joomla! core functionallity for setting language strings and overwriting them in the language-overwrite section. Since now the Guestbook work like a charm. The point is intend to only one Guestbook for all tree language, so displaying "Guestbook Entry" and "Title" in multiple language would make the EBR even more useful for me.

Could you help me achieving this?

Thank you! Have a nice day.

Best regards

Valentin

2 years 2 months ago #10173 by valle90
OT: I recieved an automail with the subject - Your Support - VIP subscription on Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions will expire soon: This is yet a bit early for buying the subsciption just yesterday :) Did set up this on purpose?
Valid To: Friday, 01 April 2016 17:33 GMT
2 years 2 months ago #10175 by Vitja
Hi Valentin!

To the notification email: Yes, you are right. It was a bad configuration after I've restored the website from the crash some days ago. Thank you for the hint, it's fixed now.

To the initial request: Sorry, this makes no sense to me to add it in the main release. Use the introtext from language file feature to translate the welcome message (language string COM_EASYBOOKRELOADED_INTROTEXT). For the module you could create HTML custom modules as a workaround or a template override of the module.

Then you can use something like

<?php echo JText::_('EASYBOOKRELOADED_INTROTEXT'); ?>

to add the message. This string can then be used in the language manager to set your welcome message.

Have success!

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
The following user(s) said Thank You: valle90
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #10176 by valle90
Okay thank you! Much easier this option. :) I'll try it on the PC the next days. Have a nice weekend Viktor.
2 years 2 months ago #10177 by Vitja
Done! ;-)

Yes, just write if you need help. I wish you a nice weekend, too!

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #10179 by valle90
Hello again,

Vitja wrote:
For the module you could create HTML custom modules as a workaround or a template override of the module.

Then you can use something like

<?php echo JText::_('EASYBOOKRELOADED_INTROTEXT'); ?>

to add the message. This string can then be used in the language manager to set your welcome message.

I used the Extension Sourcerer from Peter van Westen, because on JCE PHP code is not executed.
Now it works like I expected. Thank you.

Regards

Valentin
2 years 1 month ago #10188 by Vitja
Hello Valentin,

thank you for the feedback.

Sorry for the delay, I was busy with work and the Joomla! 3.5 release.

Greetings

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds