Cannot get ASK to work

3 years 2 months ago #9854 by honeyflowfarm
Cannot get ASK to work was created by honeyflowfarm
I have installed ASK and activated it. Screenshot is the config page.

I tried to start the manual execution process on bottom of page and it just went to my sites front page. I checked the users and they were not subscribed to anything.

I also created a new user, activated the new user and then checked the new user for any subscriptions and there were none.

I did make a test post on the forum and all the administrators did did get an email.

Also, I have been trying to find where/what file the subscription info is kept in kunena. I cannot find any mention of kunena in the database. Is this information held somewhere else on the site.
Attachments:

3 years 2 months ago #9859 by Vitja
Replied by Vitja on topic Cannot get ASK to work
Hi honeyflowfarm,

thank you for activating a support subscription.

The category subscriptions are stored in the database in the table x_kunena_user_categories. You can see the subscribed categories in the user management of Kunena for each user in the edit mode. If you use the selection mode, then ASK writes the values directly into the database. The automatic mode ASK uses the functions of Kunena to subscribe users, so there you have more checks whether the user actually has the right permission rights to subscribe to a specific category.

Your settings look fine. You've selected only "Super Users" as the user group to be processed. Do you really want to subscribe the categories only to super users or also normal registered users? Please add the correct groups and rerun the subscription process.

If you click on the link, then you will be redirected to the front page, this is correct. During the redirection the manual subscription process is executed.

Regards

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
3 years 2 months ago #9861 by honeyflowfarm
Replied by honeyflowfarm on topic Cannot get ASK to work
Thank you for your response. I added all registered users to the "user groups to be processed" and started the manual login process and then checked various users and they still have no subscriptions.

I do have a strange issue on the site as I cannot find the kunena files in the database at all. BUT THE KUNENA PART OF THE SITE WORKS FINE. Also the prefix shown in the database in my cpanel does not match the one listed on the site and php config page.

The 2 databases in my cpanel are:
lapeerco_choir with k6kb9_ files and
lapeerco_newchoir with se7k4_ files - (this database was for a previous version)

The Global Config page on the site says we are using:
lapeerco_choir and se7k4_ files

I have had a post on the OS Training forum for more info:
www.ostraining.com/support-forum/joomla-...ssue-strange-logins/

This site was previously in a subfolder and then moved into a live position.
lapeercountyconcertchoir.com/?ask=7b2ad6c4f79527e8f5df

I am wondering if I should back it up and install it in a new database.
I am
3 years 1 month ago #9862 by honeyflowfarm
More info - I did find the kunena files in the database. For some reason the database has a set of files with the prefix k6kb9 (not used), and (I did not notice that there was a dropdown with 3 pages of files) a set of files (that are being used) with the proper se7k4 prefix.

Attached is a copy of the database showing where I think the subscriptions should be (one for every one) and I do not see them and they are not in the kunena user page.

What should I do next?

Thank you
Attachments:
3 years 1 month ago #9863 by honeyflowfarm
Hello again - I found the correct database file for the subscriptions (the previous post showed the wrong one) I just tried a manual execution again and then looked at database (after cleaning cache, refreshing, etc) and found nothing was added.

Is there something else I need to check. I really would like to get this working.
3 years 1 month ago #9866 by Vitja
Hello!

I think that I have to look into it myself. Can you provide me login credentials to your website via email (see contact page for the address).

Thank you!

Greetings

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
3 years 1 month ago #9874 by honeyflowfarm
Did you get a chance to look at the ASK install on my site? lapeercountyconcertchoir.com I will resend the login info.

Thank you
3 years 1 month ago #9876 by Vitja
Thanks, I will take a look now.

3 years 1 month ago #9877 by Vitja
Found the problem! ASK was executed before the Kunena plugin. This can't work because the Kunena class is not loaded when ASK is triggered. ASK stops the execution process in this case. Solution is to move the ASK plugin to the last position (or any position AFTER the Kunena plugin)!

ASK works also with Kunena 4.0 properly, just executed the subscription process manually on your website. Please check! :-)

3 years 1 month ago #9878 by honeyflowfarm
Thank you very much - I did not realize that moving the plugin in the list changed how they were loaded. Thanks again.
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds