Issue with ASK or Possibly ASK & Kunena Interraction

4 years 7 months ago #8851 by brad.w.english
Hello All,

I've recently installed & enabled ASK (Version: 2.5-2) on my Joomla! 2.5.11 Stable, Platform 11.4.0 and have not been able to have the plug-in work.

If a Kubik-Rubik developer would like login data to further investigate the issues through the backend of Joomla or FTP please contact me asap: Email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thank you for your prompt service.

Best,
Brad
Attachments:

4 years 7 months ago #8852 by brad.w.english
Larger images.
Attachments:
4 years 7 months ago #8853 by brad.w.english
Larger Images
Attachments:
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #8854 by Vitja
Hello Brad,

first of all thank you for activating a support subscription.

ASK is only triggered in the frontend while the onUserAfterSave trigger is executed after the registration process.

To test the functionality you have to create a new account in the frontend (normal registration procedure). Then check whether this new user is subscribed to the selected category!

Regards

Edit: I forgot that I have included an option to execute the plugin also in the backend - "Expert Settings" - "Execute in backend".

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
4 years 7 months ago #8855 by brad.w.english
Ah, thank you for the information & sorry if I gave any indication that I was creating user accounts through the backend.

But my test accounts were created through the regular registration process in the frontend, and then validated with an activation URL in my email account just like any other user might.
4 years 7 months ago #8856 by brad.w.english
Do you have any idea as to why mine isn't working, under these normal circumstances of registration through the front-end where the onUserAfterSave trigger should be executed ?

We have many users that need to be informed through general announcements and planning committee subtopics. Our site has recently launched and dozens of users are pouring in for new accounts.The longer the functionality stalls, the more users we'll have to personally ask to manually subscribe or figure out a way otherwise to subscribe them.

So we're really hoping to get ASK to work properly as soon as possible. Thank you very much for your time.

Best,
Brad
4 years 7 months ago #8857 by jansiebold
I had the same issue recently. My mistake was that under "Basic Options" I had not selected the boards.
4 years 7 months ago #8858 by brad.w.english
By boards do you mean categories ? In the screenshot that I uploaded it is visible that I've selected - "Announcements"
4 years 7 months ago #8859 by jansiebold
Yes, I mean categories, I did not search for your screenshot
My site is here
4 years 7 months ago #8860 by Vitja
Hello Brad,

could you please provide me access data to your site via email?

I have to test and maybe debug it. You can use the contact form for it.

Regards

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds