Changing author info box position

5 years 2 months ago #8282 by Uhtred
I will ask the developer but I am pretty sure that he will respond the same as I wrote in my last postings.

Regards
Vitja
5 years 2 months ago #8309 by genegun

Vitja wrote: I will ask the developer but I am pretty sure that he will respond the same as I wrote in my last postings.

Thanks for taking the time to ask him. Please make sure that you mention to him that moving the DISQUS comment to onContentAfterDisplay (hence fixings your concern about it being included in the content) does not fix the ordering issue, which suggests that it is AIB plugin which is "stuck".
Thanks a lot :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: okahontas
5 years 2 months ago #8310 by okahontas
Thank you for your efforts (both of you)
I am also looking forward for the solution on Disqus - AIB integration!

Cheers
Okahontas
5 years 2 months ago #8312 by Uhtred

genegun wrote: Thanks for taking the time to ask him. Please make sure that you mention to him that moving the DISQUS comment to onContentAfterDisplay (hence fixings your concern about it being included in the content) does not fix the ordering issue, which suggests that it is AIB plugin which is "stuck".
Thanks a lot :)

Hi genegun,

I have no answer yet but did some tests. It is not true what you say. If the other plugin uses the correct trigger (onContentAfterDisplay), then you can change the positions without a problem. See here:

You may test it with the plugin 2CSB (which uses this trigger) yourself if you don't believe me! ;-)

So my conclusion is: If the plugin only adds content and doesn't manipulate it, then it should always use the trigger onContentAfterDisplay. This trigger has been created specifically for these cases.

Possible solution approaches: Either rewrite the other plugin and add the correct trigger or rewrite this plugin and add the wrong trigger. :-)

Regards
Vitja
Attachments:
5 years 2 months ago #8321 by genegun
hi Vitja,

Thanks a lot for taking on your time to experiment on this.
  • I did make the DISQUS plugin onContentAfterDisplay but it was not responsive relative to AIB position, even though it was responsive relative to other plugins.
  • I tried to make AIB onPrepareContent but it resulted in no display at all of AIB (I probably messed up on that one)
[/ol]

I will try option 1 again. Sadly other DISQUS integration plugins seem to use onPrepareContent but I will test them all more extensively.

In any case, thanks a lot for your advice, I hope that we can get this to work because the combination of both AIB and DISQUS is really powerful.

G
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds