Changing author info box position

4 years 4 months ago #8237 by okahontas
Hi there,
First of all your plugin works great man :)

My website run on latest Joomla 2.5 with JCE, Disqus and AIB.
The problem is on each article, AIB always shows under Disqus. so if there are plenty of comments you need to go way down to see author information.

I wonder if you could help me placing AIB under the article and above Disqus comments, so after reading each articles visitor will see author information first before comments.

Thanks

4 years 4 months ago #8250 by Uhtred
Hi Okahontas,

you have to change the ordering of the plugins in the backend. Just place AIB before the Disqus plugin!

Regards
Uhtred
4 years 4 months ago #8258 by okahontas
Hi Uhtred,
Thanks for your reply, I've already tried your solution before but with no result. So I ended using jcomments instead for my comment system and now working great!

4 years 4 months ago #8260 by genegun
Hi, I have the exact same problem but for me, jcomment is not an option as I have to stick with Disqus. Any idea on how to fix this?
Thanks a lot in advance!
4 years 4 months ago #8264 by Uhtred
Hi genegun!

AIB uses the trigger onContentAfterDisplay of the content component. That means, that you can change the ordering of the execution through the ordering in the backend of the plugins.

You have to place AIB before any other plugin in its category ("content"), so it is triggered first.

I don't know how the Discuss plugin is triggered. You should check it and / or contact the developer of this plugin.

Regards
Uhtred
4 years 4 months ago #8265 by genegun
Hi Uhtred,

Thanks a lot for your answer. As mentioned by okahontas, I tried that too but it did not change anything. The Disqus plugin uses onContentPrepare. I and okahontas did post on the developper's forum but with no luck yet.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help
4 years 4 months ago #8266 by Uhtred
Hi genegun,

it uses onContentPrepare? Not good, then the plugin changes the the text directly and always adds the Disqus code after the content. onContentPrepare should be used to manipulate the content, not only to add some output after the content. This should be done with the appropriate trigger onContentAfterDisplay to have more flexibility!

Regards
Uhtred
4 years 4 months ago #8269 by genegun
I will try to change onContentPrepare to onContentAfterDisplay in the Disqus plugin and report if it works out

thanks

G
4 years 4 months ago #8271 by genegun

genegun wrote: I will try to change onContentPrepare to onContentAfterDisplay in the Disqus plugin and report if it works out

Ok I tried that and I ordered AIB first and Disqus last, but it did not help unfortunately :(
4 years 4 months ago #8272 by genegun
I really think that the issue comes from the AIB plugin as it the only one that does not seem to be responsive to positioning. Other plugins (Easy Like and Sahre and Disqus Comments (by Joomlaworks and also a few others) do position correctly relative to each other according to the plugin order. Only AIB is unresponsive. Could you please have a look? thank you very much :)
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds