Joomla 2.5 version of ECC+

3 Monate 3 Wochen her #10891 von tim@giss-uk.com
Joomla 2.5 version of ECC+ wurde erstellt von tim@giss-uk.com
Hi,

For a variety of reasons that I won't go into we are stuck on Joomla 2.5.14 - and Virtumart 2.0.20b - we cannot upgrade.

Is it possible for you to provide a link for us to download an older version of ECC+ that is Joomla 2.5 compatible?

I understand that you would not want to "support" this old version - but I'd like to give it a go to see if we can stop virtuemart user registration spam.

If it does not work - I would not expect you to provide support if you did not want to.

Please help. :-)

Kind regards,

Tim Alberry

3 Monate 3 Wochen her #10892 von Vitja
Vitja antwortete auf Joomla 2.5 version of ECC+
Hi Tim,

Thank you for activating the Support subscription!

You could try it with the version that is part of this package archive: joomla-extensions.kubik-rubik.de/downloa...-2-5-versions-packed

Have success! :-)

Cheers
Viktor

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
3 Monate 3 Wochen her #10893 von tim@giss-uk.com
tim@giss-uk.com antwortete auf Joomla 2.5 version of ECC+
Hi Viktor,

Thank you for your very swift response - excellent. :-)

Installation went without errors - and when I took the defaults and just enabled Virtuemart it showed the Calculation Check on the Your Account page perfectly :-) but then failed with "You failed the spam check. Please try again!" :-(

I tested a few times with same result.

I understand that you don't want to provide support for this old version - so I'll see if I can work it out. :-)

Kind regards,

Tim Alberry
3 Monate 3 Wochen her #10894 von Vitja
Yeah, I don't want to... but since you are already here... :-)

What happens if you disable all options except the arithmetical problem. Do you still get the error message (even though solving it properly)?

Cheers

Please support my work with a review in the Joomla! Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/61997
3 Monate 2 Wochen her #10901 von tim@giss-uk.com
Thank you - you are very kind. :-)

I disabled everything else as you suggested (so I disabled Hidden Field & Time Lock) - and then when I tested I got: "Invalid Token, while trying to save user". Then I remembered reading in this forum that this error can be fixed by disabling "Encrypt All Input Fields" - so I disabled.

Now it works! :-)

Kind regards,

Tim Alberry.
3 Monate 2 Wochen her #10902 von Vitja
You are welcome. :-)

Great that it works!

You should reactivate the other two options and test again. This would increase the level of security. Another good tip is to use Akismet (you can even use it with a free account). With this constellation I have not received any spam registrations on a special test domain for years!

Have success!

3 Monate 2 Wochen her #10903 von tim@giss-uk.com
Excellent - and t was Time Lock that was the problem. And I have purchased and activated Akismet as you suggested - will keep an eye on the stats there and let you know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Tim Alberry
GISS (UK)
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.170 Sekunden