Please add support for Japanese Keyboards

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #9528 by correns
Hello, you have a great extension there!

It would be even better if it could accept numbers typed from a Japanese keyboard. In this case, it would be the only good captcha I know that would work in Japan. So please add this functionality, I need it for my client, also.

Let me explain how you can do it:

You see the difference? The first one is Japanese. So when a Japanese person uses your captcha (the math question), and enters the answer in Japanese characters it always gets an error. This makes it unusable for now.

BUT, it is easily fixed. This is the UTF representation for 1234567890, understandable by .php etc.:

So in the function where you compare the string input with the solution to the mathproblem, just do something like
array(1234567890)
IF (stringinput==mathsolution)OR(stringinput=="array(mathsolution(digit1))&array(mathsolution(digit2))")

and it should work. You get the idea, right?

Hope you can add this, thank you for your support!
The topic has been locked.
9 years 4 months ago #9533 by Viktor
Replied by Viktor on topic Please add support for Japanese Keyboards
Please log in to see the response. Attention: You need a valid subscription to activate an account.

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions
9 years 4 months ago #9539 by correns
Replied by correns on topic Please add support for Japanese Keyboards
Please log in to see the response. Attention: You need a valid subscription to activate an account.
9 years 4 months ago #9540 by Viktor
Replied by Viktor on topic Please add support for Japanese Keyboards

Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds